Dates: Wednesday 14th and Wednesday 21st March, 2018.
Time: 7.00pm - 9.30pm.
Venue: Uxbridge Creative Centre. 35 Uxbridge Road, Howick, Auckland
Bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org or buy online here: http://uxbridge.org.nz/product/burlesque-1/
Are you keen to shimmy your way to sparkly stardom? Want to unleash your inner goddess?
Learn the art of burlesque with Lilly Loca, East Auckland's own multi award winning burlesque virtuoso! You'll learn the history of burlesque, as well as classic moves, glove peels, boa wrangling, stage presence, characterisation and so much more.
In this intensive, you’ll learn the following:
- The rich history of burlesque, along with the various different styles and inspirations
- How to accentuate and flaunt your best bits!
- Burlesque 101 - staple burlesque moves, glove peels and boas
- Props & Costumes (oh the sparkles!)
- Burlesque and You - how to develop your burlesque persona + etiquette
- Basic character and stage presence
There will also be a chance for a Q&A at the end of the intensive.
Attendees will need to bring along the following:
- Notebook & pen
- Water bottle
Lilly will provide:
- 1x pair of gloves
- 1x feather boa (feel free to bring your own if you wish)
- Print outs of moves and information discussed in class